The Product Owner represents the interests of the stakeholder community to the Scrum Team. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring clear communication of product or service functionality requirements to the Scrum Team, defining Acceptance Criteria, and ensuring those criteria are met. The Product Owner must always maintain a dual view. He or she must understand and support the needs and interests of all stakeholders, while also understanding the needs and workings of the Scrum Team.
This certification is for anyone who interfaces with stakeholders or works as a Product Owner in a Scrum Team.
Applicants will be awarded the Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC®)certificate by SCRUMstudy™ upon successfully passing the certification exam.
Prerequisite Experience: None
Prerequisite Education: Preferably SDC®(or) SMC® certified professional
Target Audience - Anyone who interfaces with business stakeholders or works as a Product Owner in a Scrum project.
Cost of Exam: USD 600
Maintaining certification: Take SPOC® Recertification exam every 3 years or earn any SCRUMstudy™ Certification.
Current Pass Rate: 93%
**Pass Rate for the SAMC™ examination indicates the percentage of candidates passing the exam in the first attempt who attempted all the questions.
- Multiple choice
- 140 questions per exam
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 180 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam
- Current pass rate: 93%
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, SDC® or SMC® Certified professionals will be able to better understand the concepts required for this certification exam. It is also highly recommended to attend a 2-day SPOC® classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy™ approved Authorized Training Partner (A.T.P.)
How to apply
1. Register for free on SCRUMstudy.com and apply for the exam (OR) Attend a classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy™ Authorized Training Partner and register on SCRUMstudy.com.
2. Apply for the exam by paying USD 600 or by using the exam voucher provided by a SCRUMstudy™ A.T.P. You need to submit relevant documents (if required).
3. Access the online course and take the exam: This includes:
- Get access to an online course on 'Scrum Product Owner Certified'.
- Get a copy of SBOK® Guide online version.
- Schedule the three hour proctored exam.
- SCRUMstudy™ verifies the application: confirms the exam date and time.
- Take the three hour proctored exam online.
4. Upon successful completion of the exam get an online certificate. Some benefits includes:
- Your name will be added to the SCRUMstudy™ Certification Registry.
- You can add the certificate to your LinkedIn profile.
- If you are unable to pass the exam, you can schedule again and take a maximum of two Free Exam Retakes.